New here? Introduce yourself!

I have returned!

Moderator: Ryvvi

I have returned!

Postby princeofrose » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:44 pm

So I have come back after trying this site out a while ago... (I think at least a year or two ago)

I was wondering if much has changed? The reason I left this site was because it was soooooo sloooowww

I don't know if it is because the lack of people on this site or just everyone is busy but looking around it seems a lot of threads haven't been updated since 2015? Like I only see a few threads with replies that are yesterday or even this week?

I thought that coming back would mean more activity since it has been a while aka more people but....>___>;;

I dunnae

I used to be on Recolor but I got bored because even though the avatars and items are super cool there isn't really much to do. I dunno...I just got bored.

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 12:06 pm

Re: I have returned!

Postby Bassy » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:21 pm

It's slowly growing. I know it changed it layout this year I believe, the avatar dress up and the speech bubbles. And even though it has its quiet times it still a great community. I think it will get in the groove soon :)

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 3:06 pm

Please feed and hold my pokemon?

Soup’s Pokémon!

Postby princeofrose » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:24 pm

Okay :D I really hope so

I hate waiting 10000 yrs for replies lol

Also do you know how long Windlyn has been open as a avi site? Just curious

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 12:06 pm

Postby Bassy » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:49 pm

I understand. I posted a story on sims forums and I got no replies and it's popular and active. What I like about this site, people always reply.

I've been here since march 2015. The farthest I looked was 2014. But I have no idea when it started.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:57 pm

Windlyn has been a site since 2013 I believe.

I haven't been here then, I joined in 2015, but it's not that old.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:09 pm

welcome back! It's a steady progress on here - but maybe slower then you'd like since it is one person basically doing it all on Windlyn (and she has had a chronic illness) where as other sites have a multitude of people doing design, code, drawing, bugs, coloring, events, programming, messaging etc etc.

In fact, when I went to the Gaia online panel recently they were talking about the fact there were so many problems on Gaia that they were going to have to basically redo everything from scratch to fix it. Their generic answer was they " it's in the plans but they are shorthanded but working on it". They were looking for volunteers to help out - mod, art etc. Lanzer and some of the originally mgt are back but most of them are volunteer so it is going to take awhile. So, that said, at least Windlyn is making progress.

Did we have the pets since you were on last? Are you going fishing in the star pond every 8 hours?

Those of us that are persistent about being on tend to keep up our threads but many are students so the demands of life get in the way and they are on in spurts and those of us who work will reply to posts once we get off work. This way it also gives members the chance to check out their other sites as well.

Events we definitely see more people/activity and there should be a summer event coming up. Member events are encouraged here too so you can always approach Diana with an idea if you like.

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 1:06 pm

Return to Welcome Wagon