New here? Introduce yourself!

Newbie Introduction!

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Newbie Introduction!

Postby Watery Star » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:55 pm

Hibiki wrote:
Watery Star
Better than me, lol. After I signed up, a few weeks later I completely forgot about the site! What corner of the site were you active? I'm curious :0
I've never really created a thread on the Welcome Lounge because I was way too shy, and now that a year has passed, I don't think I can make one, lmao.

Ah, I see! Thank you for your concern. Summer ended a while ago here, but I don't mind; thankfully, weekends exist.
That's a relief! I'm glad to know. I'll go ahead and say hi!

True! What other subjects do you like?

I view who is online when I don't have anything to do, and so far, the most I've seen of users online are 5. Many of the users here may be busy with their life, which is understandable, and most of the users I've seen here live in different countries and have very different timezones, so that may also be it. Either one or both. I don't quite mind, though, but it'd be nice to see this site more active!

Hm, depending on which avatar site you go to you might be able to still post in the newbie thread. You can read the rules for that subforum and see how lenient they are. For some it's more about how active you are, if you haven't posted much at all then it could still be ok to create one. For me creating an introduction post is an easy way to break the ice. I often don't really know where to post when I first join a site, besides there. It's a good way to judge how friendly the community is,how many people stop to say hi. People can also point you in the right direction and act as a guide. I'm glad you felt comfortable enough to post here.

On Menewsha I first posted a newbie thread and I had some helpful people come by to direct me to other newbie threads and welcoming hangouts. One of them was Saravi Boo. I was directed to the Newbie Closet and then joined her hangout. I befriended the regulars there and visited their threads but didn't venture much further than that.

School starts after labor day here, first Monday in September, so all of August is still seen as part of summer break to me. No weekends would be awful.

Thanks! Anytime you want to post go ahead there.

I was interested in science but not very good at it. I'm into art but I didn't like my grade school art teacher. Didn't get to really enjoy it until taking art courses in college.

Yeah not many people online at the same time. There are people from all over so some of it does come down to timezones. Everyone also has their own schedule and their free time could vary. There is an event going on for a couple more days. Usually a bit more activity during events.

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 4:49 pm

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:04 pm

Hibiki, no worries! When you are on the top 100 pick a prize from my and Gizzie's charity thread and give me a PM if I don't see your post in that thread. I am pretty good at checking out my prize giving threads but sometimes get a bit overwhelmed and would feel terrible if I forgot so please remind me!

Even though members don't often show online at the same time, I find it doesn't take long for them to pop on and post so don't be shy, post away!

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 2:49 pm

Postby Watery Star » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:19 pm

Yeah there's pretty good activity in a 24 hour time span.

Postby galled » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:58 pm

Not everyone realizes Windlyn is only in beta and has never actively sought new members. Personally, I'm not sure how I'd adjust to a lot of active users. I kind of like the slower pace now. It feels pretty comfortable to me. Kind of like home--I am out and about, but coming home is nice. :)

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Polaris » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:18 am

Hibiki

Haven't been to a cat cafe either (T u T) But did you know there's such thing as a Cat Island? I've heard of Bunny Island in Japan, but they have a Cat Island too!! Cheers to us, that at least one of us will get the chance to go to a Cat Cafe or Cat Island!

As for anime and manga I keep up with, I'm pretty lazy [s]and forgetful[/b] so I often forget to keep track or forget the airing schedule of all the animes I watch. I don't really watch anime anymore, unless there's some cool, new, hip thing everyone's talking about and I'll give that a go. I've kept up with Yuri on ICE, Tegami Bachi, Kuragehime, One-Punch Man (OPM), Naruto Shippuden (skipped the fillers), ONE PIECE (eventually lost touch with it), Season 1 of Attack on Titan, Star vs. The Forces of Evil and Steven Universe. As for mangas, I've been reading: Mahou Tsuaki no Yome (Ancient Magus Bride), Attack on Titan, The Devil King is Bored (manhwa), OPM, and read Killing Stalking for a bit but gave up after the site I used stopped updating.

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 5:49 pm

Quest Thread

"Smile at me when you see this flower later..."

Image(click for artist)

Postby Hibiki » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:31 am

Watery Star
I checked the rules of the Welcome Lounge, but as weird as this sounds, the site and people intimidate and scare me. Happens most of the time, pfft. That's why I never introduced myself and did anything on the site up until recently :')

I see! How's your summer been so far? I hope good! Having no weekends would indeed be awful, I mean, just imagine it; no day to relax from all that work? Must be really hard.

I'm not good at science either, so you're not alone on that. How come? Was your grade school art teacher mean or-? Sorry about these questions that I keep making, I'm just very curious ^^;

You're completely right about that! Since everyone is different living different lives and having different schedules, it'd only make sense that not many users would be online at the same time. That's understandable, events are sometimes the reason why there are many users online than usual, and also on breaks too.

Lemon Cheesecake
Don't worry, you didn't miss my post in your and Gizzie's charity thread. Yesterday I was about to post, but I saw that your posts said either Doughnut Match or Spelling Bee, so I didn't, lol. But one day if you miss a post of mine in the future, I'll definitely notify you!

Polaris
Ah, yes! I've even seen videos of YouTubers going to Cat Island, like Rachel and Jun and Abroad in Japan. It pains me to see the condition of the cats. I'd donate money if I could, but sadly, I could not. There's also a Fox Village in Japan as well! Have you ever heard of that place before?

No worries, I'm exactly the same, which is why I keep a list of anime I've watched, currently watching, planning to, and rewatching! I've never watched Yuri!!! On Ice and One Piece, the latter is what my brother is currently watching. As for Tegami Bachi, I watched that before, but it's been years since I did, so I forgot most of what happened in the anime. Funny thing is, I'm currently listening to Hajimari No Hi. As for the two cartoons you said, I've been meaning to watch Star vs The Forces of Evil for a while now, but as for SU, it didn't really pique my interest when I first saw it, but I'm gonna give it a chance and watch it.
I've never read any of the manga you mentioned, but I do watch OPM, just not read the manga. A few months back, I kept seeing people talking about it on the internet, but I never thought of reading it. Is it good?

Local time: Tue May 21, 2024 5:49 am

Postby Watery Star » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:57 pm

Aw, shame you feel that way but I can't blame you. I have had a hard time myself integrating into that community. I really like the community here because there are so many friendly people. There isn't any cliques like some forums seem to develop. I enjoyed Ernya too before it shut down.

Summer was ok until we welcomed a couple into our house. Things have been stressful nearly the entire time. We had to go through evicting them, 3 weeks or less until they are out.
I know there are some that work something like 10 days on and then some days off but it sounds really rough. I had worked part-time and took college classes part-time and that was a lot for me, could only do one semester like that.

No worries. No, she wasn't nice and she was nitpicky. She devised her own 20 point grading system that was very harsh. Seemed to have favorites that she'd let talk through class but would harp on others, including me, when we could chat. It was art, not something super serious.

Yeah, it becomes less of an issue overall with larger forum communities. But we're still in Beta and not really ready for this site to handle too many users on at one time.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:29 pm

- don't forget to pick a prize on our charity thread for making a thread...

I think we all have our stories of Teachers that have helped us and Teachers that have not... a reminder that what we say and do can affect the lives of others in a positive or negative way so best try to have apositive influence.

Previous

Return to Welcome Wagon