New here? Introduce yourself!

greetings

Moderator: Ryvvi

greetings

Postby Huld » Sat Feb 25, 2023 1:49 pm

Hi, this site caught my eye and i just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a friendly. easy going 32 year old with a wide variety of interests. Most of which include audio dramas, crafting. literature, the horror genre and video games. Hopefully i will come to enjoy it here as you all have.

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 7:39 pm

Re: greetings

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Feb 25, 2023 2:36 pm

Welcome to our wonderful world of Windlyn!

We have a Valentine gifting event going on right now so I have sent over some gift bags to welcome you.

Buy the Lazarus shop items first as they are temporary , available only during events or holidays.

Join in my game threads or charity for a chance at extra feather currency or past events. You can find them in my avatar's signature , which appears in the first post of the page.

Fish every 8 hours for free items not available in the shops. Use those items in the Quest requests. They don't cost anything to play.

We have a few new members right now so you are not alone, look forward to getting to know you !

Postby galled » Sat Feb 25, 2023 4:14 pm

Welcome!

I'm a movie affectionado, but I really enjoyed listening to old radio dramas from the 1950's that a local radio station down in LA used to broadcast on Sunday nights. It's amazing how you mind's eye makes the movie in your head as you envision what the story looks like. In many ways what you imagine in your head is better than any actual movie!

Which audio dramas are you partial to?

I hope you enjoy your time here!

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Gingerale » Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:11 pm

Welcome!

Come visit my newbie thread for a welcome gift & welcome feathers!

I'll send you some shopping bags from this Valentine's event before it's too late!

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 6:39 pm

Postby Huld » Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:25 pm

That's wonderful!

My love of audio dramas stems from old radio shows like Candy Matson. Mr.Chameleon and The Shadow, as well as old time radio like Round The Horne. Now it has evolved into more a modern love affair with shows like The Magnus Archives, Alice Isn't Dead and Spines. Numerous QCODE releases and more. I have lists of the shows i listen to, to keep track of them all. It truely is an amazing art form.

And thank you all for the warm welcomes! I am excited to explore the site, and meet new people.

Postby Gingerale » Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:29 pm

With the different time zones we aren't busy but someone will usually post a reply when they are on.

Postby Edelinlenalilacblue9 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:53 pm

A mighty welcome to you! :cheer:
Very cool to have you here!

Postby galled » Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:21 am

The Shadow Knows! lol
I loved that one! The station would play all kinds of shows with the commercials in them. Wild and fun! The biggest surprise to me was how entertaining they were. I could imagine sitting around a radio in the livingroom back in the 40's or 50's and not being bored at all!

Some of the other shows I remember were The Cisco Kid, The Lone Ranger, Dragnet, Sherlock Holmes, Batman, gee I'll have to think, but there were some other mystery shows.

Server Administrator

Postby silverberry » Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:42 am

Welcome! I've sent a couple of gift bags over as a little welcome gift!

Horror's a pretty neat and diverse genre. What's your favorite kind of horror :O?

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 10:39 am

https://windlynonline.com/cgi-bin/forums/event/eggHunt/partyCrasher2.png

They/them
Hangout Thread | CK Art Album

Images used belongs to Windlyn and their artists - slightly edited to prevent confusion for current event.

Postby Huld » Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:54 am

silverberry wrote:Welcome! I've sent a couple of gift bags over as a little welcome gift!

Horror's a pretty neat and diverse genre. What's your favorite kind of horror :O?

Thank you for the gifts.

Anything paranormal, such as hauntings and anything dealing with monsters. Do you have a favourite horror genre?

Postby silverberry » Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:07 am

NP!

I like the horror that leaves you profoundly unsettled - not quite sure how else to describe it or group it. Also things like psychological horror and body horror! Horror based on folktales and religion make me go [zoom] as well, but those tend to be a mixed bag.

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 10:39 am

Postby Huld » Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:42 pm

silverberry wrote:NP!

I like the horror that leaves you profoundly unsettled - not quite sure how else to describe it or group it. Also things like psychological horror and body horror! Horror based on folktales and religion make me go [zoom] as well, but those tend to be a mixed bag.

Thats really cool! Do you have a favourite type of horror media, such as films or books? Maybe audio dramas or games?

Postby Huld » Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:43 pm

Thank you for all warm welcomes as well, every one.

Postby Edelinlenalilacblue9 » Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:16 pm

:cheer:
Weeee be free!
Hi!

Return to Welcome Wagon