Need advice? Tutoring? Want to share that thing that happened to you? This is the place for all things involving the world outside, and life in general.

Is that Creamsicle iced donuts on the doughnut game...!

Moderator: Ryvvi

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:10 pm

HEEEEEEELLLLLLPPPPPPP.......!!!!! :cry:

I don't know what the trick is..... :distress:

or rather the strategy :strain: ... to getting a higher score on the Spelling Bee game :tongue:

I don't know if I am freaked out by the timer :worry: ....overwhelmed by the disappearing letters : ....distracted by the cute bumble bees :wink: ... but I have a problem getting a higher score... :sad:

anybody have any hints or help to what you do to get a higher score ? :smile:

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:29 am

Re: what's the trick....?

Postby okios » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:43 pm

Ha, I have the same problem with the doughnut game. XD I've tried focusing on getting rid of one color, tried manipulating only the last three columns (and using the middle column only if I have to), hoarding one color until it collapses by itself, and a mix of others. But I never got past the blue doughnuts. XD

My strategy for the Spelling Bee is just taking note of the highest value letters (indicated by the numbers at the bottom of the letter), and making the longest word I can.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:29 am

https://i.imgur.com/paQOna3.png?1http://i.imgur.com/2Ka0iwp.png

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:52 pm

Thanks Okios! I finally started looking for the highest count letters instead of focusing on using up the red letters and that helped me get a higher score...I'll try looking for longer lettered words but the timer just stresses me out ( I hate timed tests) and I get mixed up with the letter "l" and "i" when I am in a hurry.

The doughnut game: I match the top rows and then the bottom or middle at first. If you can get one to fall into the other then you get more points then if you match 2 rows at the same time. When I get to about 2500 points then I focus on matching the tops. The blue doughnut appears at 3000 points and the shiny white I think at 4000. Then I have to look to see which direction will have doughnuts fall into place for the next line. Don't know if there is anything past the shiny white doughnut.

Wonder what strategies other people use. Is there any particular words that seem to be more prevelant on the spelling bee?

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:38 pm

Test you brain... on these optical illusion tricks

http://www.playbuzz.com/jeffd/this-opti ... your-brain

The brain has two hemispheres, each divided into four lobes. Each lobe is responsible for different functions. For instance the frontal cortex is responsible for decision making and planning; the temporal lobe for language and memory; and the parietal lobe for spatial skills. The occipital lobe is entirely devoted to vision: It is thus the place where visual illusions happen. This also has an illusion test.
source: http://sharpbrains.com/blog/2010/10/27/ ... illusions/

Postby galled » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:14 pm

Ack! I really suck at both doughnuts and spelling bee's... :(

Well, I was doing good at doughnuts when it first came out, but I can't break the mid 3000's. I think I'm overthinking the game by trying strategies. I should just wing it and see what happens.

As for the Spelling Bee game, I find myself either panicking and spelling the first word I recognize (perhaps not a good description) and click submit too quickly, or I try and wait out the timer and fail at that. I guess I don't do well under pressure...

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:43 pm

That freakin i and l though.

It makes me angry! D:<

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:29 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:24 pm

naw, I should just wear my glasses but I get lazy

Postby okios » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:57 pm

Thanks for the tips Lemon. I hope I can see the white shiny donuts soon. 8)

If there are prevalent words, I can't remember because once I make the longest word I forget about it and make the next because of the time crunch. But there are tricks to making the words longer like "-ing", "ly", "ed", and "s", and common prefixes like "de-", "un-", "bi-", "anti-", etc.

So if I see right off the bat I can make "virus", then I'll see if I can make "anti-virus". If I can make "antivirus", then I'll see if I can make it plural with "antivirus-es".

And also making sure you have ALL the letters you need and everything is spelled correctly at the bottom because time is precious. One misclick and you'll have to respell the whole thing or scan your clicked letters to deselect them. (I keep telling myself this, but it still happens occasionally lol)

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:07 pm

I think that is my problem - I think of a longer word when I see some of the letters and then realize I don't have all the letters and have to erase it and then I start to panic!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:10 pm

Looks like it to me.....yyyyyuuuuuuuummmmmmmm creamsicle icing on my doughnuts!

"I'm so excited, I just can't hide it"... stay posted for the screen shot...

So, not sure how I managed it but after clicking on "play", the game did its thing and stopped at 231 (or close to it), and I alternated from the top row to middle rows and once in awhile the bottom row trying to match so that one would connect to another....after I got above 3000 I looked at where the doughnuts would drop if I made the connection and what doughnuts it would line up if it did drop then basically once I hit 4000 was just doing one row at a time...

Re: Is that Creamsicle iced donuts on the doughnut game...!

Postby okios » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:39 pm

omg i think i'm way too excited for this. XD congrats on unveiling those donuts!
i...i wonder what after those creamsicle donuts...

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:30 pm

well, I never got this far so maybe that's the highest? I mean, it takes a lot to get to the 4000 mark anyway. I start getting excited when I see the blue iced donuts and when I see the glistening white ones I get so nervous and afraid I am going to blow it and click on the wrong ones and end the game, which generally happens.

Postby Ryvvi » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:10 am

I struggle so much at both games T_T
every time im like today is the day i dont suck at it! and then my regularly scheduled sucking begins xD

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:29 am

Ry: Rise of The Innovator 4000 , The Quickening [NOT THE BEEEEESSS Limited Edition]

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:24 am

don't be so hard on yourself Ryvvi, at least you still get feathers for your time playing. I have to admit I was kind of obsessing on getting the highest score and now I am just after extra feathers so I just play aimlessly.

Postby Ryvvi » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:59 pm

when it first was released i was like yes i can quickly get to the top xD but nope
haha i dont mind too much ive never been too great at games like that

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:29 am

Next

Return to Hinterland