Need advice? Tutoring? Want to share that thing that happened to you? This is the place for all things involving the world outside, and life in general.

I could have made a better choice today

Moderator: Ryvvi

I could have made a better choice today

Postby Uchuuko » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:21 pm

Earlier today, I was hit by a bicyclist from behind on my way to class. I did not think to report the incident or take pictures. The impact wasn't too bad; I had a bookbag on, and the most I felt was a jab to my upper bottock. Upon impact I yelled (but was still standing), which alerted a nearby guy. The girl/woman on the bike ended up falling to the ground. My yelling alerted a nearby guy, who came to us. I asked the girl if she even saw me, and then told her that I was actually wearing headphones. The guy, who I think might have been clueless about what really happened, asked the girl on the ground if she was okay. She did not answer either of our questions, and she did not look happy. She just got up and walked opposite to where she was originally headed, back towards the dormitory.

I was in a hurry to get to class earlier, and since I wasn't in bad shape from the collision, I just kept going where I was headed, and so did the male. I wish I had done more about this incident; I could've taken pictures of the scene (like with the girl on the ground), or even spoke with the guy. No telling what effect the collision could have on me the in the future. I told my mom about the incident, and she was furious that someone would mange to run into me like the girl did (I thought it was weird that it happened too). I could tell the police on campus, but I worry that they might not be able to do much about the situation since it has already happened.

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:21 pm

Re: I could have made a better choice today

Postby galled » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:40 pm

Thank goodness everyoneis ok!

I feel like it's always better getting documention and not need it than needing it and not having it. I also think, unfortunately, that some people won't learn unless there are consequences. If the law says they did wrong (and they did clearly in this case), they should be held accountable. In any case, I'm glad you didn't get hurt too badly, and I'm sorry your mom was upset. Sometimes people behaveupset when they're actually frightened that they may have lost you or you may have received some serious injuries.

Count your blessings and you'll be more knowledgable next time (and Ihope it never happens!!).

Server Administrator

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:21 pm

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Uchuuko » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:05 pm

galled wrote:Thank goodness everyoneis ok!

I feel like it's always better getting documention and not need it than needing it and not having it. I also think, unfortunately, that some people won't learn unless there are consequences. If the law says they did wrong (and they did clearly in this case), they should be held accountable. In any case, I'm glad you didn't get hurt too badly, and I'm sorry your mom was upset. Sometimes people behaveupset when they're actually frightened that they may have lost you or you may have received some serious injuries.

Count your blessings and you'll be more knowledgable next time (and Ihope it never happens!!).

Thank you galled. Should I just let the incident go, or still tell the authorities?

Postby Tandy » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:12 pm

That reminds me of years ago, when I got onto a bus and was walking to the back to sit down.
The bus hit the bus in front of it, and i think I fell down. I wasn't hurt, but i remember people asking me if I was okay and did I want to report it.
Anyway, if you really think the girl on the bike did wrong (like drunk driving or something), you should report it to someone. If you feel any kind of back pain in the next few days, have a doctor check it.

Postby Uchuuko » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:25 pm

Tandy wrote:That reminds me of years ago, when I got onto a bus and was walking to the back to sit down.
The bus hit the bus in front of it, and i think I fell down. I wasn't hurt, but i remember people asking me if I was okay and did I want to report it.
Anyway, if you really think the girl on the bike did wrong (like drunk driving or something), you should report it to someone. If you feel any kind of back pain in the next few days, have a doctor check it.

Thank you.

Postby galled » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:54 pm

Uchuuko wrote:
galled wrote:Thank goodness everyoneis ok!

Thank you galled. Should I just let the incident go, or still tell the authorities?

If you don't have a good description or identifying information, little will come of it. However if you think you'll have to make an insurance claim/etc., then a report should be filed.

The rule of thumb is better to report it and not need it than vice versa.

Server Administrator

Return to Hinterland