Need advice? Tutoring? Want to share that thing that happened to you? This is the place for all things involving the world outside, and life in general.

What You're Working On

Moderator: Ryvvi

What You're Working On

Postby Juniperr » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:10 pm

:L_Wing: Mmm here's where you can list what you're working on or working towards to help you remind yourself what to focus on. I know I can get distracted quite easily so here: :heart: :heart: :heart:

1. Focus on living healthily, eating right, and exercising.

2. Making new friends and keeping in touch

3. Recording and doing my job

4. Not comparing myself with others and just focusing on what I'm doing.

5. Trying no fail recipes :R_Wing:

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:17 pm

Re: What You're Working On

Postby galled » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:35 am

I finally got the last coat of finish on our front door! (You might recall I twisted my back about 10 days ago when I started prepping the door. I took a few days off until my back felt better, and had to wait 24 hours between coats, then we had a couple of days of hot weather...) Well, so glad it's done! :)

Whew!

Server Administrator

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:17 pm

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Juniperr » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:01 am

galled! Is your back completely better now? Mmm that sounds like an amazing thing to do - I've never even thought of painting a door before... might try it someday. I'll paint it some obscure colour hahahah! It definitely feels great after finishing a 'project' :)

Postby galled » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:10 am

Yes, I'm back to 100%. Thank you for asking! <3

It's really not difficult to do. It's really all about the prep work. I only hurt/pulled my back from reaching too far while bending over cleaning it up (not a lot of room to get at it all without some reaching).

The painting is the easy (and fun!) part. I used a 2 inch paint brush because our door has several inset panels.

Are working on anything new or interesting?

Server Administrator

Postby Juniperr » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:34 pm

:)

Wow maybe I'll get a chance to paint a door or even the walls hahah

Just getting uni and stuff sorted really... been wanting to do a little bit of travelling around the country but I keep putting it off.. other than that mostly some self improvement!! :D

Postby galled » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:18 pm

Self improvement, like housework, never ends! ;)

What are you majoring in?

Server Administrator

Postby Juniperr » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:21 pm

Haha they're pretty fun to do~

Physics and music :D

Postby galled » Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:09 pm

I went to music school before I changed majors and schools. There I minored in physics. Small world!! :)

Server Administrator

Postby Juniperr » Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:40 am

WOW that's so cool!! What major did you change to? :D Music school sounds really cool haha

Postby galled » Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:44 pm

I changed to Motion Pictures. Both schools were arts schools, but the first one (music) was like that tv show and movie Fame. It was pretty awesome being surrounded by talented and creative people in both schools, but the first was more live performance-based and the vibe was, pardon the pun, more vibrant!

Server Administrator

Postby Juniperr » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:31 am

Hahah o my gosh I studied film as part of my uni degree :D but it was heavily essay based... I think art schools are really cool places although I've never been to one actually. It just seems so focused and has a great sense of community? hahah

Postby galled » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:45 pm

That's funny! Great minds ,as they say! :)

I'm guessing the essays were for film analysis. Yes remember doing those. I'd actually have too much to write! lol

It was pretty cool looking back, but like all good things, it only takes one or two to make things miserable for all. Think diva. People incompetent were problems too, but if they really wanted to learn/participate it worked. Working for a good company is even better. Most who can't get with the program are weeded out. And just working with the top people in your field was rewarding by itself, but getting paid well to be there? It's dreamy! :)

Server Administrator

Postby Juniperr » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:07 am

Yeasss film analysis-- Hahah that's nice! Sounds like you really saw the meaning behind every shot :D

Mmm at my uni there's different programs but sometimes different people do the same course - some are pure music students, some are arts students, some science - what do you consider incompetent? (and sorry for the late reply I actually saw your avatar in a dream haha)
Going to uni I was a little scared of people who only go by the book :strain:

Postby galled » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:17 pm

The wonderful thing about art is you can interpret as you see fit/from your perspective. What I did was try to see what was on screen from the various points of view (the viewer, the story teller--which is the screenplay and camera, the production, the characters, and society--if applicable). Plenty to write about when you "look" at a movie like this. :)

Sure, yep. There's a lot of crossover. It's a good thing. Even though I wanted to be behind the camera, we were required to take acting classes and vice versa. It's critical to stand in another's shoes to understand what their jobs entail. :)

Incompetent doesn't describe it well--because it's more about attitude. We'd call them "posers" or "pretenders," people who didn't know what they were doing, but acted like/thought they did. Like I said, if you didn't know something that's was totally fine because that's what school was about--if you were really willing/wanting to learn. It's the ones that didn't that wasted everyone's time and racked up the frustration. :(

That's funny! I guess my telepathy works! heh ;)

I think going by the book is perfectly acceptable (provided it's a good book and the right book!) when starting out. I've seen people totally throw out the book at the start and fail miserably. The quickest way to progress IMHO is to at least understand the book/rules before you break them--but have a reason to break them and not just for the sake of breaking them. It's just random garbage otherwise (as opposed to art). :)

Do you have any favorite movies?

Server Administrator

Postby Polaris » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:45 pm

Working on:
1) Letting go of things/not worrying about things I have no control over (or anymore) -- mainly because I've passed on my leadership role in a society I was in to someone else, but the society is basically my baby and I can't help but worry ahhh xD

2) Keep on watercolor painting! Picked up this hobby back in June and I really like it and I've been painting some really color stuff, but I have been slacking off on painting in favor of just laying in bed and doing nothing

3) Try not to overthink and worry about things excessively (mainly because of some problems right now regarding visa stuff for uni and big delays)

and lastly:
4) Don't forget to bake the cookie dough from last night xD

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:17 pm

Quest Thread

"Smile at me when you see this flower later..."

Image(click for artist)

Next

Return to Hinterland