A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Mouse's Hangout

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Mouse and the Diamond Giveaway [A Hang Out Thread]

Postby MissAutumn » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:25 am

I am a little bit, but nowhere near as sleepy as yesterday. Those breathing exercises you wrote about really helped today. Thank you. :)

If I could send you some of this rain I so would. I didn't hear about a town burning down. That's really tragic. Those poor people. :(

The nerve pain sounds really unpleasant. The eyeball and arm sound like hell. Do you get them every day?

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 5:00 pm

Postby Vivianne » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:49 am

Yay 10 pages!

I’m glad the breathing exercises helped! Sometimes when I try things, I’m unsure if they actually work or if I want them to work and delude myself.

I think Lemon is referring to a city in California that burned. It’s very tragic.

I don’t have nerve pain often, and it rarely gets bad. Compared with others who have my disease, I’m very lucky pain-wise. I try to remember that.

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 11:00 am

Postby MissAutumn » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:14 pm

It may have been a placebo effect but it worked regardless so I won't complain.

I'm surprised news of it hasn't reached here. Something of that scale usually reaches us.

That's good that you don't experience it every day. It's a difficult thing to remember when you're going through that. Your pain might not be as bad or as frequent as others are experiencing but it's relative to you.

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 5:00 pm

Postby Vivianne » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:54 pm

So far, I’ve managed to deal with pain. If it’s incapacitating,I try to apply pressure to the general area, which seems to help a bit. If I can tolerate it, I distract myself on the internet.

Okay, just got back from the museum. I focused on viewing Asian art.

I briefly went through a display of Islamic art. There were a couple large vases with what looked like cuneiform covering them.

I spent a lot of time looking at the Chinese works. Some things I learned:
- ancient scholars used to collect rocks from rivers and judge them.
- there was a tradition where only the emperor’s family could eat off yellow plates
- red ceramics were very difficult to make. The secret was lost in dynastic turmoil, then an emperor challenged kilns to make it again
- the modern teapot was formalized in the 16th century, iirc. There were some cool teapots evoking nature

Postby Mouse » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:43 pm

That sounds really painful! I'm sorry you have to experience that ><

Did you have fun at the museum? And did you get that picture you wanted?

Also I love your avi vivianne!!

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 9:00 am

Postby Vivianne » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:51 pm

I had a ton of fun! I didn’t get the picture—i forgot how slow I am at museums because I want to read all the descriptions.

How was your day? Are you still feeling awful?

Oh, and thank you!

Postby Mouse » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:59 pm

There's nothing wrong with that! You learn a little more about the artist and the painting :)

It was okay! People were a little needy today! But I do feel much better and I got a lot of cleaning done! My house is now clean and it's no longer stressing me out lol. How was your day?

Postby Vivianne » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:04 pm

Clean living spaces are so nice, especially freshly cleaned ones.

Coupled with feeling better in general must be great!

I’m having a great day! Got to visit the museum, and one of my very busy friends and I are amusing ourselves with alliteration.

Postby Mouse » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:16 pm

Yes they are and I'm glad I did it today instead of this weekend so I don't have to think about it!
I love seeing old friends that I haven't seen in a while! I'm really shy so I have a hard time making new ones. Usually, I feel like it's the same as always when I see them again.
I'm glad you guys are having fun!

Postby Vivianne » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:19 pm

Oh, he and I are chatting online. He studies in another state. We saw each other in August, and it was great!

I have trouble making friends, too. I’m hopelessly awkward in real life. It’s easii for me to talk with people online. :D

Postby Mouse » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:24 pm

Ah!! I have a friend like that, too! He lives in Tennessee, probably one of my most favorite people in the whole world! I feel like I'm the busy one though but we chat a little everyday. We use to play games online. I love finding people like that.
And same for me. I don't know! Sometimes I'm not sure what to say even online but I try. I get nervous!

Postby Vivianne » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:34 pm

I have several friends I’ve known since high school and still chat a lot with, but this one friend really is the best. :D Its a bit ridiculous how highly I think of him.

I get nervous too, but I’ve learned a lot of people online want to chat with someone, too! Avatar sites seem to attract nice people. :D

And you can always talk about the weather! I do!

Postby Mouse » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:45 pm

Yes they do! Especially smaller ones :cheer: I think that's why I like them so much! And it does seem like everyone wants to chat!
And no matter where you are for some reason weather is always interesting. In my state, everyone complains no matter what the season. Lol!

Postby Vivianne » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:48 pm

My state is the same! Every time it’s below freezing, people want snow. If it does snow, absolute chaos.

Okay, maybe not really.

Postby Mouse » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:49 pm

If it snows here everyone calls into work! Sometimes it melts later on.
I'll admit, if its icy I will call in cuz I suck at driving in the ice!

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts