A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

The Silver Study [book shower]

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: The Silver Study [open!]

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:20 pm

oh no! On one hand they must really like your work on the other hand that is nasty if they don't give you credit or at least say someone else had done the work.

I am sorry you have to be experiencing this, it's as bad as someone physically stealing from you. It is a defilement. Maybe be more cautious where you post? Can you put some kind of a signature or trademark into your work? I hope they are found out by others!

Local time: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:49 pm

Postby galled » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:09 pm

Have you thought about watermarking? Also, have you seen opensea.io?

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby silverberry » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:14 am

Cilencio Cerbera wrote:LMFAO

Yeah that's the final straw lol
It's unimaginable of how suck it feels to get yo hardwork just ripped off like their own lol
Gods, this is something I would physically fight them for if it's possible.
But you know, they'll probably try to wriggle out of it by claiming it's all a misunderstanding, then internally justify it with some bullshit reasons. At this rate I won't even be surprised if they try to claim that it was their work that got plagiarized. How in the world can people do this, plus the previous stuff, and still claim to be innocent or in the right? It's both baffling and genuinely pitiful.

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:oh no! On one hand they must really like your work on the other hand that is nasty if they don't give you credit or at least say someone else had done the work.

I am sorry you have to be experiencing this, it's as bad as someone physically stealing from you. It is a defilement.

AAAAA thanks for the sentiments ;_;

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:Maybe be more cautious where you post? Can you put some kind of a signature or trademark into your work? I hope they are found out by others!
galled wrote:Have you thought about watermarking?
I'm definitely considering placing a watermark on future stuff I post! Not sure how I could go about doing that on text... it's easy to re-type things after all, even if it's in an image format instead of plain text that can get copy-pasted easily.
They were shared with people I thought had enough dignity not to stoop this low. But I guess I was giving them too much credit.

galled wrote: Also, have you seen opensea.io?
haven't! Just checked it and... an NFT selling site? I'm not really a fan of NFTs. I can't see the appeal of the concept, and it sounds like it burns a lot of electricity just to mine cryptocurrency.

Local time: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:49 am

https://windlynonline.com/cgi-bin/forums/event/eggHunt/partyCrasher2.png

They/them
Hangout Thread | CK Art Album

Images used belongs to Windlyn and their artists - slightly edited to prevent confusion for current event.

Postby Cilencio Cerbera » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:29 am

Well yeah, certainly trusted their integrity way too much that what was actually worth of it. People that seem fine as first, personality wise, but turned out to be complete lowlife. Pardon the language, getting one's hardwork ripped off without even leaving any credits angers me more than people spreading false shet of me everywhere. If your written work can be ripped off so easily, who's to say about both of our artworks? Copy pasta go brrrrr-//slapped

Using it as reference is not the same as straight out taking it off, nitpicking the original author's work, and paraphrasing it from the original text, all done without any crediting given. Even if credit is given, permission to use the text is not.

iirc the work you shared prevent us from copy pasting it??? One would have to type it all out lol. All these effort, and yet not even a shred of creativity and consciousness. Lowlifes of the likes truly.

Postby silverberry » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:14 am

Cilencio Cerbera

You'd think that all of that pride and competitiveness would at least lend them some integrity, but no it's all superficial apparently. All that matters to them is how they are perceived and not what they actually are.

Yea lol the moment someone does that sort of stuff, not out of ignorance, forgetfulness, or true desperation, but out of sheer malice - literally everything about their character comes into question. What other things we shared are they going to use for themselves? What about the more personal stuff we inadvertently gave away during interactions? At this point it's safe to say they will definitely use it for more slander for their own gains.

I feel so bad for the person whose bulk of work got plagiarized. He worked hard for that!! And they're just gonna lift it straight off and pretend the genius of it is theirs??? What kind of person with any shred of decency and dignity would do that????

Speaking of slander, yea it's easy to ignore those. The block feature exists in most spaces for a good reason. I doubt people who matter will actually believe those, and anyone with sense would probe for more info before doing anything - the gullible and easily manipulated are worrying, but that's a problem those people need to personally deal with themselves.

GODS LMAO everytime I share a written work it'll have to be by copypasta-proof Google Docs now HAHAHAHAH
No more highlight shenanigans then
Not that it will stop the truly pathetic thieves.

This reminded me I need to come up with some random watermark now so I can post art journal stuff soon

Best of Rain Cloud Rickrolling

Postby silverberry » Sat May 01, 2021 5:44 am

Reserving this post to place my fave moments of this event.
Most of them are in the official event thread.

...I honestly wasn't expecting it to get that effective.

Several Tiers of Clouds (x) (x)
[+] SPOILER
ImageImage

Prayers
[+] SPOILER

Postby silverberry » Sun May 02, 2021 8:19 am

crossposted

First finished journal of the year.
And I thought this would last me half the year...
[+] SPOILER

Flip through ft. Ancient Magus Bride's first OP in piano.

Postby Cilencio Cerbera » Mon May 03, 2021 10:09 pm

1) LMFAOOO NOT JUST HIS WORK GOT RIPPED OFF, EVEN THE FORKING CODINGS I CAN'T-

2) Ah welp, thing is, those guillible will believe whatever bs thrown onto them. And as you said, I don't feel like it's in any of our responsibilities or obligation to help explain the situations to those guillible lambs. Play stupid games win stupid prices.

3) ohey yeah now that we're mentioning it, the block feature in Windlyn is kinda lacking¿¿¿
Hmm it doea make sense as it's a forum-based game. Implementing the blocking system similar to CK's may lead to some trouble in forum posts. But ehhh it still feels kinda eh

4) FORK YO CLOUDS

5) Wow how tf u finish yo journal so fast it aint even June yet jfc

Postby silverberry » Tue May 04, 2021 4:44 am

Cilencio Cerbera wrote:1) LMFAOOO NOT JUST HIS WORK GOT RIPPED OFF, EVEN THE FORKING CODINGS I CAN'T-

What else can people do if copy-pasting seems to be their only skill //slapped

Cilencio Cerbera wrote:2) Ah welp, thing is, those guillible will believe whatever bs thrown onto them. And as you said, I don't feel like it's in any of our responsibilities or obligation to help explain the situations to those guillible lambs. Play stupid games win stupid prices.

As much as I want to help, the sheer amount of effort is maddening enough on a normal day. How much more would it be right now???
Plus, not like people would listen if they don't want to.

Cilencio Cerbera wrote:3) ohey yeah now that we're mentioning it, the block feature in Windlyn is kinda lacking¿¿¿
Hmm it doea make sense as it's a forum-based game. Implementing the blocking system similar to CK's may lead to some trouble in forum posts. But ehhh it still feels kinda eh

Ehh yeaa I appreciate the 'Ignore' feature so much tho - hides their posts while not really informing them, tho I think it would be neato if my own threads don't show up for them anymore.

Cilencio Cerbera wrote:4) FORK YO CLOUDS

IF YOU KEEP FORKING THEM U MIGHT END UP WITH LIGHTNING----

Cilencio Cerbera wrote:5) Wow how tf u finish yo journal so fast it aint even June yet jfc

IDK EITHER
It's ~140 pages tho so that's around a page per day???
Good thing I have two other notebooks in storage lsfdskljsdklf I am prepared for the rest of the year

Postby silverberry » Thu May 13, 2021 1:35 am

2021 had me headbanging to:
  1. An accordion
  2. A hurdy gurdy

--------------

Basic black ink hath arrived with a blunt end syringe. This ink has to be the 'wettest' one I tried so far. It lays down pretty thick lines, compared to the others. Even in the pen, I can see it clings to the sides and takes a long time to settle into a pool.

So, more viscous ink = thicker, wetter lines??

Excited to play around and paint with this! I love light gray washes. And maybe I could just dilute it with water to get grey ink, so I won't have to buy one in grey? It will definitely affect the way it writes, though I'm not sure how yet.

Postby Watery Star » Fri May 28, 2021 5:51 pm

Diluting black ink should be good for various shades of grey depending on the amount of water, yep.

Sorry to hear about crummy people taking advantage of you and others. Having to put extra effort to protect your creative work sucks but I hope you don't encounter anymore problems.

Local time: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:49 pm

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat May 29, 2021 6:12 pm

Silverberry...you and Boris should compare ink notes.

Postby silverberry » Mon May 31, 2021 7:58 am

Watery Star wrote:Diluting black ink should be good for various shades of grey depending on the amount of water, yep.

Sorry to hear about crummy people taking advantage of you and others. Having to put extra effort to protect your creative work sucks but I hope you don't encounter anymore problems.

It worked pretty well! With other colors, diluting it doesn't just make it lighter. It... changed the color a bit? My red turned into a light, flesh-like tone instead of just plain pink. I learned not to load up the diluted one on the pen because, weirdly, it makes it write not so well.

Thanks! It's pretty frustrating to learn the hard way that people will turn to vile moves for extremely selfish and pointless reasons.

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:Silverberry...you and Boris should compare ink notes.

I shall check out his thread!

Postby Watery Star » Mon May 31, 2021 8:50 pm

Yeah, might be something with black ink that makes it more reliable in that sense.
I haven't tried inks yet, myself. That's odd how colored inks act differently. Hmm :sad:

Local time: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:49 pm

Postby silverberry » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:10 am

It has been a while! The months have mostly been filled with a lot of tea, ink, and books. Currently, I'm trying to send something like a fountain pen starter to two friends - the one thing preventing me from actually sending the stuff is that I can't find a container that won't get loose paper crumpled inside it.

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts