Site-wide events run by the Windlyn Team!

[Novalia 2015] Pengwing Breakout!

Re: [Novalia 2015] Pengwing Breakout!

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:46 am

YES

Local time: Mon May 06, 2024 1:13 am

hangout|art shop|card shop
BUTT CAPES
I need mah butt capes!
ImageImage

Postby DemonSeed » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:50 am

Ok I can go with that. I just wanted a matching golden staff for the shield combo.

Local time: Sun May 05, 2024 10:13 pm

Workin' On Event Funds!

.1k // ??k

Commons on hold until after All these events.

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:09 pm

That and staves are ~~~~~~~~~PRETTY~~~~~~~~~

Postby DemonSeed » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:22 pm

They really are. Maybe we can get a pretty valentines one this year. I can't wait to see, mainly since that is around my birthday. :3 I just love flowery and lovey items for my birthday online xD Offline, I don't do pink

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:57 pm

We'll see ovo

Postby DemonSeed » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:10 pm

Well guys I am off to work now. Sadly. I did end up making over 300 feathers before running off though so I am almost to 500 now. I dont have to spend for a while so I think they will grow faster.

Unless the winter items leave soon then I have to hurry

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:13 pm

to be honest, at first I thought the staffs that came out in the shops were what Aurora would have - she is married to Life after all and growing/flowery things are representative of Life.

BUT : Perhaps Aurora has not EARNED her staff yet... :strain: think about it : ...Eventide has been a goddess far longer... maybe this battle will be her way of earning her (wings) staff... for next Novalia :wink: or maybe she isn't meant to have one...? The story still unfolds...

DS: I will put up opportunities for people to get items as awards in my game thread once the event is over so if you miss out on anything , not to worry :grin:

Local time: Sun May 05, 2024 11:13 pm

Postby XoGIZMOoX » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:24 pm

Gizzie needs the old blonde/yellow bun hair I can't make my cosplay avi ;(

:heart:COME VISIT MY PETS PLEASE :heart: http://windlynonline.com/cgi-bin/forums/pets.php?userid=646ImageImageImage [img]http://i.imgur.com/p30InEq?r.gif[/img

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:30 pm

Gizzie: If you see an item you like then if you win in my game thread if I have extras I will give it to you if you ask for it as your prize. (Not sure on the bun but I may have a last yellow or a dove - similar colors- left)

Postby Mousy » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:06 pm

I thought that the shop weapons were what belonged to the Aurora side. Just because something isn't a "drop" doesn't mean it doesn't belong to the event. Those items will only be around as long as the event is. They go away with the event.

Also, I feel like we're being a liiiiiittle bit rude. There are 2. TWO people that put together this entire event for you. Two individuals with separate lives outside of windlyn. I think they did a fabulous job and this event has had the MOST items compared to any past event AND it has 2 separate "games" (pengwings and saving). If you think about other sites, most of their free event items really, really suck. Here, you're getting the good stuff. For Free. No cash. No feathers. Just some time and effort on your part. It's just one of those things... If you think you could do a better job, go do it.

Local time: Mon May 06, 2024 12:13 am

If you are talking to me, please ping or quote me. I get distracted and lose track of what I'm doing easily. :wink:

Postby Akuyi » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:20 pm

I don't think there is any doubt about how everyone enjoyed the event, so why can't we speculate about the Aurora staff? :D

Local time: Mon May 06, 2024 7:13 am

Questing with my trusty steed Oculus in the lands of Vee-Ar.

Postby Mousy » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:30 pm

It doesn't really sound like speculation. It sounds like straight up whining. There has been a loooot of whining as of late. The event is too long. the drops are too hard. I have too many items. I don't have enough items. This item should be here. etc. and to be honest, it's really annoying. I've held my tongue until now, but seriously. It's getting ridiculous. I haven't seen this sort of behavior on other sites I've been on. Why are we doing it here?

Postby Akuyi » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:52 pm

Dunno. Maybe because we're coming from other sites? I must say, since I'm coming from Rec, it was kind of a downer for me that I can't color my items freely here, that I can't layer them and so on. Took me some time to get used to it. But I still enjoy my stay here, the community made more than up for whatever I was missing.

I was wondering about why anyone would complain about an event going on too long myself, haha! That totally eludes me. But it's normal that you want all those shiny items you see on others if there's no means to obtain them yourself. I must admit that I also am a bit frustrated every time I help someone and only get two feathers. And how I am unable to obtain those wings even though I invested all that time you spoke of into this event. Am I not allowed to talk about that? It doesn't mean that I don't enjoy the event and it doesn't mean that I don't have respect for the people who made this site. But if something bugs me, then I will say so. Even though I am rarely very serious about it. xD

I personally have seen a lot of "whining" on both Gaia and Rec, too.

Local time: Mon May 06, 2024 7:13 am

Postby galled » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:12 pm

I think the calls for the event to end is because some users want to give or sell their extras away as they've accumulated so much and they feel they can't while the event is going (maybe it was sell).

The feather reward for clicking a button (helping someone) is random so it's just unlucky (no one is trying to keep you down or anything!). ;)

Finally, some items are rarer than others. Wings seem to be the hardest to get (I still don't have any from this event either!). Personally, I'm OK with that because some things should be rarer (more valuable) -- it's more fun than getting everything you want with no effort IMHO. I kind of see it wings are kind of badge of honor/dedication to the site--and that you're really really lucky (because they're random too, just less frequent--although I understand that some members have multiple pairs already)! Grrrr... :)

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Mousy » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:19 pm

But the point of there even being OTHER sites is that they are different. If every single avatar site had the exact same features, why would you ever go to a different one? Why would any others even exist? Usually, the whining on gaia was all about how they completely destroyed their economy, not how they ran events or items. The only time I really saw whining about items was when they were overly sexual or overly violent. I don't care for rec, so I don't get on there much, but I'll take your word about the amount of whining and continue to stay away.

And absolutely! I completely understand wanting the items you're missing. I understand posting about the items you are missing. I didn't get wings for a long time and I participated every single day. Other people logged on and got them immediately. It's all chance. But participating longer would increase your odds of getting what you want just because you have more opportunities for the chance. Voicing your opinion is cool, but when it's happening constantly with the same opinion on multiple threads? That's a problem. And No. I don't want you to think this is directed at you. It's directed at everyone that complains. :D

I just feel like if I were the one that created this entire thing for people and all I saw were these complaints and negative comments, I wouldn't want to create anything else for those users. I would feel disrespected. I would feel like my time was completely wasted. I don't want those that worked so very hard for us to feel that way.

PreviousNext

Return to Events