New here? Introduce yourself!

Newbie Introduction!

Moderator: Ryvvi

Newbie Introduction!

Postby Hibiki » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:12 pm

Hello everyone! I'm Hibiki! So I found this site from a forum topic in Menewsha, and because I like avatar sites, I decided to check Windlyn, and I'm enjoying it here so far! The bases and art are so cute!

To start off, I'd like to tell a bit more about myself.
I'm a high school student who is a fan of anime, cartoons, and video games, and I'm from Indonesia! I'm part Indonesian, Chinese, Japanese, and Dutch and I'm dead inside tired 24/7, and according to my friends I'm soft and precious, but I'm also quite the clumsy and forgetful person.
I like many things, so I'm just gonna name a few of them; cats, cosplay, dreams, helping people, opinions, seeing people happy, sweets, and technology :heart:
My favorite subject in school are Japanese and English, and my hobbies include daydreaming, singing (but I sound like a banshee), people-watching, getting beat up by my emotions, and studying (I love learning??). My favorite colors are gold, black, red, purple, and blue; I can't choose just one.

Anyway, I think that's about it! I hope everyone has a good day, and I look forward to talk to people and make new friends here!

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 3:40 pm

Re: Newbie Introduction!

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:33 pm

welcome to windlyn!

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 2:40 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:34 pm

Welcome to Windlyn Hibiki! Glad you found us!

We have an event going on right now so buy your items from the Lazarus shop first as they will go off sale soon.
Play the games in the game room and get feather currency for 3 games a day. The ransacked room game gives extra feathers right now and clues to the event.

Check out the links in my signature for my game threads and go to my and Gizzie's charity thread and choose your items. Don't be afraid to post! we like to chat!!

What kind of technology are you interested in?

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 12:40 am

Postby Watery Star » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:01 pm

ellos! Welcome to Windlyn!
I have an avatar on Menewsha but haven't been active in a long while.

I think you'll fit right in; we've got anime, cartoon and video game fans here too, including myself.
I hope you just meant you're very busy and you aren't really tired all the time. I have fibromyalgia and I really am tired all day and night. I wouldn't want you to have something serious affecting you.

You can post in the Hobby http://windlynonline.com/cgi-bin/forums/viewforum.php?f=48 subforums about video games, cosplay and tech among other things.
Pop Culture http://windlynonline.com/cgi-bin/forums/viewforum.php?f=9
for tv, movie, anime and cartoon discussions.
General discussions in http://windlynonline.com/cgi-bin/forums/viewforum.php?f=44 The Lounge.
Also feel free to post in the Hangouts threads.
http://windlynonline.com/cgi-bin/forums/viewforum.php?f=37 I have a hangout and welcome anyone to stop by. You can create your own hangout too if you want.

I liked English in high school too. Might have liked the teachers more than the subject though. lol I took Japanese in College a number of years ago.

My day has been pretty good so far, thanks for asking. I hope your day is going well and you enjoy yourself here.

Postby NerdyAliCat » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:33 pm

Welcome!
You like anime, cats, Japanese class, video games and cosplay?
Plus you're a high school student that's dead inside?
I think we'll get along just fine :grin_wink:

ImageImage
Thanks Yorunaka! - Thanks Valentine Strange!

Postby murmurlade » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:10 pm

*general applause*
We welcome another weeb to Windlyn.

----------------------------------------
taugeeee @ twitter / deviantart / gaia
currently: questing bubble wings

always semi-hiatus due to work
please ping me if you want a reply.
----------------------------------------

Postby Gingerale » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:17 pm

Did you find the star pond to go fishing yet? It's under the game rooms tab, you can fish every 8 hours. There are a few rare items you can get!

I find when I am very tired and also very emotional is when I am not getting enough good sleep. I am still working on figuring out how to sleep soundly. Right now I wake up every hour or so and then sometimes have trouble getting back to sleep.

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 11:40 pm

Postby Polaris » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:56 am

Welcome to Windlyn!!

As a high school student that's just freshly evolved into College Newbie, I say good luck to you! I also am dead inside ahaha = u =

What shows/kinds of anime do you watch? Do you read manga, and if so what have you read? Cats are amazing, aren't they! Have you/Would you ever go to a cat cafe?

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 3:40 am

Quest Thread

"Smile at me when you see this flower later..."

Image(click for artist)

Postby Hibiki » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:14 am

MonkeyGirl18
Thank you for the welcome!

Lemon Cheesecake
Thank you! I'm glad I found this site!

Yep, I noticed when I first opened the site. I bought a few items from the Lazarus already, gotta buy them before the event ends.
The games are fun (at least to me, I don't know about other people). I enjoy playing Doughnut Match and Ransacked Room!

I like assistive, VR, wearable technology and just technology in general.

Watery Star
Hello, and thank you!
Glad to know there's someone else who also knows about Menewsha. The same goes for me, actually; only today have I started being active on there after a year. How long have you been a member in said site for?

I'm glad to hear that! And ahaha, it's true, actually, but it may be because I'm busy, and I tend to fall asleep almost everywhere. I apologize if it sounded like I was making fun of you or anyone who are going through fibromyalgia.

Thank you for the links! I'll definitely do some posting on there! Especially in the Hobby forum. I would stop by your Hangout thread, but I'm nervous and don't know what to say;;

I also like the teacher, she's very nice and wants to be close and get to know us, and I'm pretty good in English (though others said my English is better than that), so it makes the lesson more enjoyable.

That's good! I'm glad to know that! My day's been ok so far! And I'm enjoying it a lot here!

Postby Hibiki » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:14 am

NerdyAliCat
Thank youu!
Yes, I'm a high school student that's dead inside, ain't that great?
Marvelous! I'm looking forward to our future conversations together!

murmurlade
Bless, thank you for the welcome of this weeb.

Gingerale
I didn't notice it until you mentioned about it! Thank you very much for telling me!

If you haven't yet, maybe try physically tiring yourself, brew herbal tea, relax your muscles, avoid caffeine after noon, anything that would help. Haha, sorry, I'm not too good when it comes to this;;

Polaris
Thank you!

Haha, thanks, I need that good luck to get through high school, and good luck to you also! I'm sure some, if not most of us are dead on the inside lol.

I recently just finished watching Gravity Falls (I watched the first season a long time ago, but I just wasn't aware of a second season and forgot about it). The animes that I'm currently watching are Gintama, Mononoke, 91 Days, and Katsugeki / Touken Ranbu. I don't read manga often as I'm too lazy and get sidetracked, but the mangas I'm reading are Acid Town, Samon the Summoner, and Bungou Stray Dogs. What about you?
Cats are a blessing to this world and I LOvE them. Every time I see a cat I think to myself, 'Truly wonderful and amazing creatures' and cry because I love them so much. To my distress, I have never been to a cat cafe, but I want to.

Postby galled » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:57 pm

Welcome to Windlyn!

I'm kind of a tech junkie. I am a fan of just seeing what new cool stuff people come up with and I'm amazed with how creative humans can be! If we could divert much of the negative energy in the world toward creating things, ooo, it makes me shudder in excitement about the potential we collectively have! :)

I hope you enjoy your time here! Everyone is super-friendly! :)

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Akuyi » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:00 pm

Welcome!! Image

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 8:40 am

Questing with my trusty steed Oculus in the lands of Vee-Ar.

Postby Watery Star » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:12 pm

There's at least a couple other people that are on Menewsha too. I'd have to login to see when I was actually active, it's been years. I was only active in a small corner of the site though.

Oh no, you don't have to feel bad, I was just concerned. Do you not have a break during summer?
Your welcome^^ You can just say hi. Don't worry about having to say anything in particular or even responding to what's currently being discussed in my thread.

That's good, teachers can really make a subject more interesting and enjoyable.

Good! It's always nice to see new people and for the site to be a bit more active.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:35 pm

If you like to play the doughnut game, beat my high score on the doughnut game and I will give you 500 feathers. (It's more of an incentive to get people to play then a challenge, btw) :grin:

I like to sing but I am not that great, I sound better in a group :wink:

Postby Hibiki » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:23 am

galled
Thank you!

I'm enjoying it a lot here! No one's out to get each other, everyone's nice and friendly, and I feel comfortable being here!

Akuyi
Thanks!! ( ^∇^)

Watery Star
Better than me, lol. After I signed up, a few weeks later I completely forgot about the site! What corner of the site were you active? I'm curious :0
I've never really created a thread on the Welcome Lounge because I was way too shy, and now that a year has passed, I don't think I can make one, lmao.

Ah, I see! Thank you for your concern. Summer ended a while ago here, but I don't mind; thankfully, weekends exist.
That's a relief! I'm glad to know. I'll go ahead and say hi!

True! What other subjects do you like?

I view who is online when I don't have anything to do, and so far, the most I've seen of users online are 5. Many of the users here may be busy with their life, which is understandable, and most of the users I've seen here live in different countries and have very different timezones, so that may also be it. Either one or both. I don't quite mind, though, but it'd be nice to see this site more active!

Lemon Cheesecake
I'll try, lol. My highest score so far is 3,366. Not enough to be on the leaderboard, let alone beat your score, haha. Still, 4,626? Very impressive! I salute you. I'm on the leaderboard, but in a different game, Ransacked Room in which I'm in rank 70.

Same, I sound better in a group, too, but solo? Nope, haha.

Next

Return to Welcome Wagon